Javier Palomo is a black belt in several martial arts, a purple belt in 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu and a Catch Wrestling instructor. He talks about the value of exploring other grappling styles and different tournament rule sets. Click “read more” for show notes!
- His recent silver medal at US Combat Wrestling
- His martial arts background
- Differences and similarities among grappling styles
- The value of cross training as a grappler
- Keeping an open mind
- His favorite grappling rule set
- Should all take downs be scored the same?
- The benefit of various rule set options
- The influence Reilly Bodycomb has had on him
- Competing while training with multiple teams and styles
- His advice to grapplers who want to be well rounded