Nick “Chewy” Albin joins the show to talk about the early days of his BJJ journey, self defense, the struggles he went through as a white belt and getting over the fear of losing. He also talks about staying motivated as an instructor and running a gym. Click “read more” for listening options and show notes!
Support the show and access the archive on Patreon! Click HERE
- How getting jumped started his path in martial arts
- Overcoming a fear of confrontation
- Shifting from football to BJJ
- The difficulty of finding BJJ in the early days in the US
- The rising tide of Jiu-Jitsu
- Digging for secrets in the early days
- BJJ’s growth away from MMA and fighting
- Self defense Jiu-Jitsu
- Grappling vs Striking
- His white belt struggles
- Do you actually suck at Jiu-Jitsu?
- Looking for small wins in training
- The fear of losing
- The Pummel
- His YouTube channel
- Imposter Syndrome
- Staying motivated as an instructor
- Is Jiu-Jitsu for everyone?
- Keeping the ego of a student in check
- Being an impactful coach
- Goals for 2020