In this episode, we are joined by Chiropractor and Sports Physical Therapist Dr. Jason Weeks. Jason talks about injury prevention, recovery and longevity in Jiu-Jitsu. He also gives a basic education on Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Click “Read More” for show notes!
- His background / How he became a Chiropractor
- His intro to martial arts
- The most common Jiu-Jitsu injuries he treats
- Grappler’s Neck / Military Neck
- Restoring the curve in your neck
- How quickly after an injury should you begin rehab?
- Active vs Passive treatment
- Home exercises for neck injuries
- The benefits if Cryotherapy
- Injury prevention in Jiu-Jitsu
- The importance of stretching
- A breakdown of what Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) is.
- Concussions and testosterone levels
- Other causes of drops in testosterone levels
- The FDA’s strict protocols and governing of TRT clinics
- When to get your levels checked